Ingredients500g x Chopped Dates
2 ½ x Cups of Water
1 ½ x Cups of Caster Sugar
2 x Teaspoons of Bi-Carbonate Soda
3 ½ x Cups of Self Raising Flour
250g x Butter
5 x Eggs
FOR THE SAUCE...
200g x Butter
2 x Cup of Brown Sugar
1 ½ x Cups of Thickened Cream
2 x Teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
Instructions1. Add water and dates to pan, cook with lid for 5 minutes low heat, stir occasionally.
2. Take off stove and add your bi-carbonate soda and stir.
3. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar, mix this very well.
5. Add 5 eggs one at a time and mix well. A mixing machine would be best.
6. Add mixing bowl content and flour to pan, again, mix this very well.
7. Put pan on stove with lid for 30-35 minutes on low to medium heat.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE...
1. Add butter, brown sugar, cream and vanilla essence to saucepan.
2. Cook on a low heat.
3. Frequently stir.
All done.. Yum!