Good pinch of salt.
½ tsp vanilla paste.
1 cup of caster sugar.
1 ⅓ cups of plain flour.
2 ½ Slightly rounded tablespoons of Fielders cornflour.
2 Level tsp baking powder.
Instructions1. Beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form.
2. Gradually beat in sugar, a little at a time, and then continue beating until stiff.
3. Add egg yolks and vanilla essence, beat until combined.
4. Sift ½ a tablespoon of Fielders cornflour to the empty saucepan.
5. Sift together - cornflour, plain flour and baking powder and then add egg mixture.
6. Carefully and lightly fold mixture together using wooden or nylon spoon or spatula (Do not stir it).
7. Grease and flour the casserole base so that the cake will have a nice crisp edge when it is cooked and turned out.
8. Pour the mixture into the casserole and distribute evenly.
9. Place casserole on low-medium heat with lid on and the vent open.
10. When the lid is hot to touch, turn heat down to low.
11. Cooking time is approx 26-30 minutes.
12. Allow to sit for a few minutes before taking sponge out.